All volunteers at the Center are screened through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The following are the areas of responsibility which may be assigned to volunteers. Skills and interests of volunteers will be considered in all assignments. This list may be updated as necessary and is not all inclusive.
- Greeters: Volunteers greet the family when they arrive at the Center and supervise children not involved in the session. Volunteers are asked to facilitate quiet play such as putting together puzzles, reading books or coloring.
- Transport Volunteers: help put our clients at ease in a friendly and supportive atmosphere while they are being transported to the Center. Volunteers ride along with Center staff to transport clients to and from therapy sessions. The Therapist establishes a schedule with the client.
- Fundraising: assist with special events.
- Clerical Support: file, track library lending, update resource and photo albums, answer phones, greet clients, prepare/distribute flyers, and announcements.
- Data Entry: update mailing lists, media lists, donor lists.
- Building and Grounds Maintenance: garden and lawn care, clean facility, repairs.
- Friends Committees: join a small group of individuals working on a particular piece of the Center's overall work, i.e. Facility, Program, Fundraising To volunteer please contact us at (352)376-9161